IVC Filter Lawyers
Ivc Filter Lawsuit
IVC Filter Lawsuit Little Rock Arkansas - IVC Filter Lawyer Little Rock AR
If you or a loved one suffered complications from an IVC filter that moved or fractured, call us today for a free no obligation consultation. Call Toll Free 1-866-777-2557 or fill out our contact form and a Little Rock IVC Filter Lawyer will get back to you within 24 hours. The FDA has warned of ivc filter complications and side effects. Some filters may move or fracture and cause serious injuries including heart damage, lung damage, internal bleeding, and even death. If you have suffered ivc filter complications call Toll Free 1-866-777-2557 to get the facts. There are no legal fees unless you receive compensation. Certain time limits may bar your ability to bring a claim, so you must act quickly. Call now.
IVC Filter Lawsuit Settlements
IVC Filter Attorneys Little Rock Arkansas
IVC Filter Side Effects
What are the risks of my IVC filter?
You are going to have an inferior vena cava filter implanted. However, this does not come without possible complications. Understanding your needs for the filter, your preexisting conditions, and potential outcomes of the filter procedure is a very important part of your healthcare.
The filter will act as a stopping point for large clots that pose threats to your heart and lungs. If you have had a pulmonary embolus in the past, then you are aware of the dangers of continued passage of clots.
A history of deep vein thrombosis is another reason why your doctor might be recommending the deployment of a wire filter within your inferior vena cave. The filter will sit just below your kidneys. If you cannot take sufficient blood thinning medications to lower your risk of clots, this is another reason why you are a candidate for the filter.
Complications are associated with the placement of the filter, and can present as:
• An infection from the incision, with perhaps symptoms such as fever, swelling, or pain after the procedure
• An allergic reaction to the iodine used in your contrast solution, which might give you hives or even difficulty breathing well
• A hematoma at the site where the technician inserted the catheter
• Damage to your vein, either the one that is used to deliver the catheter or at the site of the IVC deployment
Although it is rare, you should also be aware that the possibility of problems with the filter itself exists. There are four general ways that problems can arise with the IVC filter.
1. Your filter is not deployed in the best position. A decision then has to be made as to when and how to move it safely. Sometimes the malposition is not realized right away, but only upon second examination.
2. Your filter breaks apart. In these situations, a part of the filter could drift in your inferior vena cava to your heart or lungs. This can cause perforations and serious effects.
3. Your filter moves in entirety. When an IVC filter becomes loose and moves from the desirable place, it has the potential to move all the way to your lungs. This is a potentially fatal instance.
4. Your filter becomes overfilled with clots. This is a gradual process. You will likely notice symptoms such as swelling in your lower extremities as the blood supply is affected. Your body, however, will try to compensate for this and build new routes of veins. These veins, though, are not offered the protection of the filter and clots may pass through them and on to your lungs.
As you can see, understanding the possible complications and outcomes is a process. Be sure to discuss all concerns with your doctor. The complications need to be weighed against the benefits.
IVC Filter Lawyers Little Rock Arkansas helping victims with:
IVC filter side effects
Heart or Lung Damage
IVC filter placement
IVC filter lawsuit settlements
Greenfield filter lawsuit
IVC filter removal issues
Bard g2 filter
Johnson and Johnson filters
Cook Celect IVC filter lawsuit