IVC Filter Lawyers
Ivc Filter Lawsuit
IVC Filter Lawsuit Providence Rhode Island - IVC Filter Lawyer Providence RI
If you or a loved one suffered complications from an IVC filter that moved or fractured, call us today for a free no obligation consultation. Call Toll Free 1-866-777-2557 or fill out our contact form and a Providence IVC Filter Lawyers will get back to you within 24 hours. The FDA has warned of ivc filter complications and side effects. Some filters may move or fracture and cause serious injuries including heart damage, lung damage, internal bleeding, and even death. If you have suffered ivc filter complications call Toll Free 1-866-777-2557 to get the facts. There are no legal fees unless you receive compensation. Certain time limits may bar your ability to bring a claim, so you must act quickly. Call now.
IVC Filter Lawsuit Settlements
IVC Filter Attorneys Providence Rhode Island
IVC Filter Side Effects
After My IVC Filter Procedure
If you are having an IVC filter put in place in your inferior vena cava to lower your risks for blood clots travelling to your heart and lungs, there are several things you learn about for the recovery period.
• The catheter is extremely small. You probably won’t need any stitches, but will need to monitor the site at home for signs of infection. These signs could be bleeding, severe bruising, swelling, or extreme pain. Take the same care to watch your IV site if you were given one during your procedure.
• A radiologist will read the report from the procedure and confirm the correct launch of the filter.
• You can typically resume your normal activity in just a day or two, unless your doctor advises you otherwise. During this time pay attention to how your body reacts and feels. Report any unusual or unsettling symptoms:
-Pain in your chest
-Numbness in your legs or arms
-Sensation of cold in your extremities
• The ICV filter is supposed to catch blood clots that form in your legs or pelvis. This does not mean that you are completely free from worry of these issues. The filter is not a magic fix. Guarded caution and due care to monitor your health should still be taken.
-There is a risk that the filter could shift in position. This would require that you have a second procedure with similar steps as the first to go back in and retrieve the filter, then replace it in the proper location.
-Sometimes the filter can become too filled with large clots if your body is working overdrive to create them. The hope is that the clots that get trapped will dissolve over time from either your natural body processes or with the aid of medication. However, this is not always the case.
After your filter is in place you will receive instructions for short-term and long-term care. To get the best results from your IVC filter follow these and ask your healthcare provider any questions you might have. Some of the typical steps IVC filter patients need to take include:
• Monitoring of blood pressure.
• Blood tests to look at coagulation rates.
• Imaging diagnostics to confirm the location of the filter.
• Medication assessments that could affect the filter’s effectiveness.
The overall goal of the filter is to protect your lungs and heart from blockages. Most standard IVC filters are designed to be permanent devices. Some newer types of IVC filters come with the potential option to be removed, but these are often only used when there is a short-term risk of a blockage that resolves itself or responds to medication.
IVC Filter Lawyers Providence Rhode Island helping victims with:
IVC filter side effects
Heart or Lung Damage
IVC filter placement
IVC filter lawsuit settlements
Greenfield filter lawsuit
IVC filter removal issues
Bard g2 filter
Johnson and Johnson filters
Cook Celect IVC filter lawsuit